The article Class in America gives excellent insight into the ability and actuality of individuals to make shifts from class to class. It also was interesting how the article showed us that even though some of us and our families have made very little movement upward in class, many of us still hold tight to that American Dream and believe that we can make it big if we just try hard enough.
Though I was not too surprised about where my family before me, and myself fall in the charts of class standing, the charts actually inspired me by showing me how far I have come beyond my family before me, and how far I have yet to go. I am one of the individuals who believes in the American Dream that hard work pays off. I have seen first hand where I have come from and how much I have achieved. I do believe that upward mobility is an option and that I will continue to achieve it as long as I continue to work hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment